Storm Chase: Day #4

Yesterday was a down day.  We spent the day in Boulder, under rainy skies.

We spent some time trying to decide whether to bail for the week, or whether to chase tiny chances.  We sat at Trevor’s house for hours, waiting for the next model run to analyze.  Eventually, we saw some tiny chances of hope for storms.

We had lunch at Avery Brewery, then hung out some more.  Eventually, we decided to stick around this week instead of splitting up and regrouping on Thursday.  We are planning quite a few activities for our downtime, though we may not be in as much downtime as we thought.

Thank you for reading my post.

Advertisements

About highplainschasing

This blog is about my tales in storm chasing. My name is Seth Price and I am an instrumentation instructor at New Mexico Tech. My amateur radio call sign is N3MRA.
This entry was posted in Possible Chase Opportunity, Practicing Concepts, Predictions, Severe Weather and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.