Tropical Update: 9/13/16

It is time for another tropical update.

The National Hurricane Center (NHC) shows two tropical storms and one area of potential development in the Atlantic.

Tropical Storm Ian is over the open Atlantic, and continuing northwest away from land.  Currently, the storm has sustained winds of 50 mph and a central low pressure of 998 mb.

Tropical Storm Julia is over Georgia and Florida, with sustained winds of 40 mph and a central low pressure of 1009 mb.  She is currently a heavy rain producer, and combined with the slow storm motion, can produce flash flooding.

There is a 40% chance of deveopment over the next two days, and a 60% chance of development over the next five days, from just off the African coast.
In the Eastern Pacific, there is one hurricane and one area of potential development.

Hurricane Orlean is drifting slowly northward, with 85 mph sustained winds and 980 mb central low pressure.  This system is over open water at this time.

There is a 10% chance of development in the next two days, and 60% chance of next five days.

Satellite Imagery: NASA MSFC Earth Sciences Office
Hurricane Data:  National Hurricane Center  and Central Pacific Hurricane Center



About highplainschasing

This blog is about my tales in storm chasing. My name is Seth Price and I am an instrumentation instructor at New Mexico Tech. My amateur radio call sign is N3MRA.
This entry was posted in Hurricane Tracking, Practicing Concepts, Predictions, Satellite Imagery and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.