Tropical Update: 7/19/16

It is a time for another tropical update.

In the Atlantic, no tropical storms are expected to develop in the next 48 hours.

In the Eastern Pacific, there are two tropical storms in progress (Darby and Estelle) and two potential region of development.

Tropical Storm Darby is slowly weakening, with 65 mph sustained winds and a central low pressure of 994 mb.

Tropical Storm Estelle is continuing west and expected to weaken as it crosses into cooler sea surface temperatures. Currently, it is similar to Darby, with 65 mph sustained winds and central low pressure of 993 mb.

The westernmost area of interest has a 10% chance of developing into a tropical storm over the next 48 hours, and a 40% chance over the next 5 days.

The easternmost area of interest has a much higher probability of becoming a tropical storm, with a 20% chance of developing over the next 48 hours, and an 80% chance over the next 5 days.

In the Central Pacific, there are no new systems or areas of interest that are not already mentioned in the Eastern Pacific section.

Thank you for reading my post.

References:

National Hurricane Center
Central Pacific Hurricane Center

Advertisements

About highplainschasing

This blog is about my tales in storm chasing. My name is Seth Price and I am an instrumentation instructor at New Mexico Tech. My amateur radio call sign is N3MRA.
This entry was posted in Local WX, Practicing Concepts, Predictions, Satellite Imagery and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s