May is quickly approaching, and once the hoopla of the semester dies down a little, it will be time to go storm chasing again.
I have quite a few things that need to be ready before I go, and I am compiling a list of things that need to be completed.
1. HF Radio in the chase vehicle
2. VHF Radio in the chase vehicle
3. Repair HF antenna mount in chase vehicle
4. Set up APRS for chase vehicle
5. Dedicated APRS antenna for chase vehicle
6. Video editing software on laptop
7. Tablet mount in chase vehicle
8. Perhaps some temperature, pressure and humidity data collection hardware built
9. Software for data collection software
10. Replace batteries in handheld anemometer
Some of these are more difficult than others, and some sound difficult on here, but aren’t in real life (data collection software can be written in a few minutes in LabVIEW, once I have the hardware configured).
These are my projects over the next few days. Wish me luck!
Thank you for reading my post.